Wednesday 3 August 2011

Not Much of a Run

Well my arms were OK, but my left hamstring was feeling a little tight after last night's efforts. Maybe just as well then that Joe and I were joined by Joe's son Gillan who, how shall I put this? isn't quite as quick as his dad.

He also suffered a stitch at about 1½ miles. After a pause Joe and I went on, but stopped to wait for him at the 3 mile mark. It took Gillan a while to catch up, because he'd got lost in the meantime!

So what I'm saying is, it was a slow one this evening. That's OK though, as our Wednesday session is generally a slowish one for me, and is more a social event than a training run, but it hasn't really progressed my training.

My mileage has been really low for the last few weeks for various reasons, and more importantly I've missed some important sessions, and I need to get back into the swing of things.

Bristol half marathon is only 5½ weeks away and this weekend's schedule is, like the last few, pretty much shot, and Saturday's parkrun may be my only run of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment