Wednesday 10 August 2011

Extending the Interval Session

Back to Swanshurst Park for the speedwork on Tuesday, building up the efforts to four minutes - four repeats of four minutes off two minute jog recoveries.

The jog there and back went well, and I think I've worked out how to record the session on my Garmin now, but still managed to keep hitting the wrong button, or the right one at the wrong time!

As a consequence of that, I've had to estimate my pace for a couple of reps, and ended up doing five reps rather than four as the third one was only two minutes.

So, here are the stats, then:
Rep 1: ~6:10
Rep 2: 6:25
Rep 3 (2 mins): ~6:15
Rep 4: 6:20
Rep 5: ~6:15.
Strange how the estimated ones are the faster ones, isn't it?

One of these days I'll get it right! I'll probably try the same session again, maybe next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment