Wednesday 3 August 2011

Back on the Intervals

It was back to the weekly speed session this evening, and having had a few weeks off intervals I went back to four times three minutes with two minutes jog recovery.

I still haven't mastered the knack of timing my intervals, so some of the times are estimated, but in terms of pace I reckon the intervals went 5:57, 6:11, 6:03 & 6:02. It was a lovely sunny but not-too-hot evening, with lots of people out running, walking dogs or just chilling, so it was really enjoyable, despite the hard work.

I'm going to Nottingham this weekend to visit friends. We'll take in the Riverside Festival, and I'm to be subjected to my first professional Cricket match at Trent Bridge (I've resisted until now, but they've finally ground me down). On Saturday morning though, three of us plan to run at Colwick parkrun. That will be my sixth different parkrun. I don't think it's a PB opportunity, as although it's fairly flat it has an assortment of surfaces including grass and 'informally surfaced paths', whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment